Highest quality Pulmonary Rehabilitation
What is it?
Pulmonary rehabilitation is an evidence-based intervention for patients for chronic respiratory diseases who are symptomatic and often have decreased daily life activities.
It is integrated into the individualised treatment of the patient, designed to improve the physical and psychological condition of people with respiratory disease and to promote the long-term adherence to health-enhancing behaviours.
Who should participate?
Any patient with respiratory disease who, despite optimal medical management, is limited by breathlessness on physical activity should be considered for rehab.
- Cystic fibrosis
- Interstitial lung disease
- Chest wall & respiratory muscle abnormalities associated with dyspnoea
- Lung resection & transplant
- Surgical & non-surgical interventions for emphysema
- Reduce activity limitation and participation restriction of persons with CLD
- To restore patients to the highest possible level of independent functioning
- Increase exercise tolerance
- Reduce frequency and severity of symptoms
- Improve mood and motivation
- Improve quality of life
- increase participation in everyday activities
- reduce dependency
- improve survival
- All classes led and instructed by a physiotherapist
- Class size limited to 5 people to allow adequate supervision
- Please wear comfortable and appropriate clothing such as track-pants and a T-shirt, bring a towel and a drink, for those who have prescribed bronchodilators or portable oxygen, please bring it along with you
- With your first appointment you will have a one on one session with the physiotherapist for approximately 45 minutes. Your physiotherapist will go through baseline measurements with you.
- 30 minute duration
- 60 minute duration with a maximum of 5 per class
- 1:1 Initial Assessment $75.00
- (Can use one of the entitled sessions from enhanced primary care plan)
- Pulmonary exercise group session $10.00
**$200 fund is available for eligible seniors through Silversport program, valid till 31/12/2017**
- 10:30-11:30 group session
- 13:00-14:00 group session